Ana is on the sensor for 8 years! She began with the old enlite, that old one, with the huge needle, back in 2006, time when the sensor wasn't very accurate, and we just used it to have an idea of her numbers. She was 5 years old and was having a lot of hypos, and because of that she was using the sensor full time. We knew we couldn't trust it, but it was better than not having it.
Now in 2017 we have very accurate sensors, and FDA is saying that we can trust them. For us this is very hard, we still carry that old stigma that that CGMs are always late, and we can't do the corrections based on the CGMs numbers. Last week we decided to check it up! Ana is using the enlite (connected the 640G pump) at her right arm and the libre at her left arm. I'm comparing the results and I will keep you posted here. So far the numbers are VERY similar!
I couldn't get the first days results, because we were a little bit stressed with a bent cannula. Ana was on the 300s, and BOTH were very accurate when comparing to the actual meter.
After that of course she dropped to the 70s and both responded well. But I was too stressed to record the numbers...
Now that things are back to normal, I can show you some results...
enjoy!
Lucila
PS: I will keep posting pictures for the next 10 days!
 |
| enlite |
 |
| libre |
 |
| enlite |
 |
| libre |
 |
| libre |
 |
| enlite |
Nice to meet you Lucila. My name is Sarah and I have a 14 year old daughter called Phoebe. Thank you for your Enlite and Libre comparisons - my daughter will be doing the same when we start with the enlite sensors on 30 Nov. She has been using the Libre since diagnosis in Jan 16 and Phoebe has found them very accurate and particularly useful during her 4.5 hours of swim training. We were expecting the 2 systems to be very different, with experimentation required to establish the best place to wear the enlite sensors so your comparisons are a confidence boost. As well as understanding accuracy, we also need to find a way of using the enlite sensors during her many different sports as I believe you need to have the pump connected in order to be able to know the cgm reading? We will watch and learn!
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah, thank you for your reply. As I explain before, Ana has is using the enlite for a long time, so there are some tips... best place for readings (for her), are in the arm. You can have readings if the pump is close, and sometimes not that close... (I could get readings across a soccer field, but that was just once... ). You will learn with time. the good thing about having her pump connected with the CGM is that her pump (640G) suspends before she gets low. This is amazing! We love it! Tell Phoebe to take a look at Ana's blog - www.Journeyswithdiabetes.blogspot.ae She will like it!
Deletelove,
Lucila
Thanks for the tips - we will look at Ana's blog
DeleteGreat stuff, I have bweb doing the same though finding the Libre to be two mmol below the sensor and meter generally. I have them right beside each other in the same arm. I'll keep watching your journey. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete*been not bweb
DeleteThanks Johnnie, I'm very happy with the results until now. I will keep you posted. I will post pictures every night. And I will write about our travels and how we deal with jet lag, sports, etc...please ask questions!
DeleteLucila
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHola Jesus, Gracias por tu mensagem... si prefieres me puedes escribir en español, así que yo puedo practicar un poco :). Ja añadí una tecla para que puedas seguirme, y já hay más información hoy en el blog. Lucila
Delete